25 January 2010

[LGBT Interview] Star Aka Fresh - Rapper

Star AKA Fresh



EvOn: What's Good?
Star Aka Fresh: My music... I'd say. Cause it's hard out here for a Lesbian rapper. Lol.


EvOn: Can you give us a quick introduction of yourself for our visitors?
Star Aka Fresh: Yesss. I'm Star AKA Fresh, HipHops Favoite Lezbo - one 1/2 of Flyghteam (youtube.com/flyghteam) I've been goin hard since '04. I played the femme roll - and it didn't get me the deal wihtout givin it up. So i shaved my head and finally became myself. Now my music is honest and explicit.


EvOn: So what's happening with you & the music at the moment?
Star Aka Fresh: Im currently in LA - just finished the colab mixtape entitled "Self Explanitory" with Milo, former 2Much member, and Lexx Rugga, the other 1/2 of Flyghteam. Once the mixtape is flooding the streets, i will be working on a solo project for my fans. Don't worry though - more of Flyghteam to come!


EvOn: Are there any plans for any Collabs anytime soon?
Star Aka Fresh: Not at the moment. Now that Self Explanitory is finished, I'll be focusing on my own craft.


EvOn: When people check out ya music What has the response been like so far?
Star Aka Fresh: Some have called me the hottest female rapper. I don't want to be cocky - but i have yet to hear my music is garbage. You'll see...




EvOn: what inspires you to make ya tracks? 
Star Aka Fresh: My life experiences, love, anger, anything that's real. No bullshit. My music is all me.


EvOn: what's the Gay hip hop scene like in the US?
Star Aka Fresh: Underground, unexposed, and underestimated. And it's my plan to change all of that.






EvOn: How Hard is it to make it in this industry as a female Rapper, and is being Gay important to sale your music or should you keep ya sexuality to your selfs?
Star Aka Fresh: Well - I've been rapping for 6 years, half pretend straight girl and half lesbian stud, and i have yet to be exposed to the mainstream, but underground, I'm very well respected. I've reached a point in my career where i just dont give a f*ck!


EvOn: Are there any other artists from the US/UK or from the gay scene that we should be looking out for right now?
Star Aka Fresh: E=Troof http://www.downelink.com/member/profile.aspx?id=685423


EvOn: If you wasn't making music what do you think you would be doing right now?
Star Aka Fresh: School and Basketball.


EvOn: How important do you think it is for new artist’s to know their history and appreciate the different elements of Hiphop even if they don’t partake in them?
Star Aka Fresh: Extremely important. If you don't know where it came from, you can't help it grow.


EvOn: any final words / shoutouts before we finish?
Star Aka Fresh: Shouts to the whole YSMG family. YungStarz for life! and of course, Milo Imlo Cosmo. And thanks Evon for the interview - love your music!




Personal Website:

Also - my recent mixtape tracks are being slowly leaked all at /Flyghteam links





No comments:

Post a Comment

"Ok, So what is it you got to say?"...

K.Swin - Fashion Photographer

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

Get this widget at roytanck.com

iamevon