3 August 2009

[LGBT Interview] Chix [theeEmCee]™ - Rapper

Because your Fave British Rapper Says' So....




EvOn: What's Good?

Living life at the moment, Grinding it out trying to make things happen..

EvOn: Can you give us a quick introduction of yourself for our visitors?

Im a 22 yr old female lyricist from Virginia Beach, VA..Originally born in Colorado Springs, CO..I've been rappin since the age 12 & since then music has become a big part of my life. && now im hopin to make history for the female rappers

EvOn: So what's happening with you & the music at the moment?

Right now im working on my album Embellishment..I dont have a release date at the moment but the album is coming soon..Sometimes you have to take your time on mkaing good music..I've been working with a lot of great producers so im enjoying the album so far..Im not signed to any lables..I would much rather take my time and become more educated about the business before I pursue my career..Music is my passion, I dont do it for the money.

EvOn: Are there any plans for any Collabs anytime soon?

I will collab with just about anybody, so yes its always collabs coming. Me & Jade Josephine, another va female artist, are working on a mixtape together..That should come out sometime in August..Im definitely on my grind..But besides that big up to Son Of Sin cuz they are going to be on the album..Im open to do any other collabs..

EvOn: When people check out ya music What has the response been like so far?

People actually love my music. You know how most female rappers attract a female fan base, well I have both. Nothing is better than my song coming on && somebody rapping it word for word. I love it! && I love my fans

EvOn: what inspires you to make ya tracks?

To be honest, listening to other music. My favorite rappers inspire to make a hot track. I could be listening to Jay and want to be in that "give u them real, raw" lyrics, or I could be listening to Busta Rhymes && want to give you that club banger..They just hype me up and get me in the right zone & I take it from there

EvOn: what's the Gay hip hop scene like in the US? It's actually getting bigger. We have a lot of talent in the LGBT community. Im actually about to collab with a few artist. I love it because we all know that we hungry to make it so there's not really a lot of hate. We down to collab anytime & thats how it should be


I Get Crazy - Chix & Jade Ft Meaze>br>



EvOn: How Hard is it to make it in this industry as a female Rapper, and is being Gay important to sale your music or should you keep ya sexuality to your selfs?

It's definitely hard, but it's hard for everybody. We just have to keep that positive energy & keep going. If you slack you wont make it. Period! I believe that your sexuality is your business. Dont' ask, Don't tell..I dont think anybody should hide who they are though. Me personally, im open with my sexuality & could care less about what ppl think. I might sell a lot of records, or i might not sell a lot of records. People who love music wouldnt judge my music based on my sexuality.

EvOn: Are there any other artists from the US/UK or from the gay scene that we should be looking out for right now?

There's plenty but 1 that I know about personally is Evon. LoL you definitely go hard

EvOn: If you wasn't making music what do you think you would be doing right now?

I honestly dont know because this is all I ever thought about doing. Once I know what I want to do I stick with it and work hard to make it. When I was younger though, all I wanted to do was play basketball, and thats still a passion.

EvOn: How important do you think it is for new artist’s to know their history and appreciate the different elements of Hiphop even if they don’t partake in them?

True hip hop artist should know their history. If it wasnt for Afrika Bambaataa, The Last Poets, Kool Herc, Grandmaster Flash, Vic, or Taki 183, Hip Hop wouldnt be hip hop.

EvOn: any final words / shoutouts before we finish?

Shoutout to everybody that's working hard to make it in this industry. Be on the look out for my new album Embellishment coming real soon & my mixtape with Jade Josephine.





MUSIC SITE lINKS:
Downelink
Myspace
Twitter

1 comment:

  1. awww wmii cheekz did an interview! weeeeeewwwwwwww im your biggest fan chix! lol u want me to throw u my panties!

    ReplyDelete

"Ok, So what is it you got to say?"...

K.Swin - Fashion Photographer

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

Get this widget at roytanck.com

iamevon