13 July 2009

[LGBT Interview] TT The Artist - Rapper/Art Creator PRT 1

Because your Fave British Rapper Say's So....



Because Your Favourite British Rapper said so....

EvOn: What's Good?

LIFE :)

EvOn: Can you give us a quick introduction of yourself for our visitors?

I go by TT the ARTi$T. I was born and raised in Fort Lauderdale FlA...the goo ole Sunshine State. I started making rapping my sophomore year in high school (Shouts out to Kamesha;) and since then I have grown into the artist I am today. Creating and evolving one song at a time.

EvOn: So what's happening with you & the music at the moment?

Presently I am doing a lot of perfoming along the EASTCOAST. I have a mixtape out right now "I Arti$t" and I am starting my label Houseoft Productions which facilitate all facets of fine art, photography, fashion, music, video, and performance.

EvOn: Are there any plans for any Collabs anytime soon?

Not at the moment of course if anyone is interested in collabing with me I am always open to that. I would love to collab with some big names like Erykah Badu, Bjork, Madonna, Andre 3000, Kanye, of course just to name a few

EvOn: When people check out ya music What has the response been like so far?

Uuum .."Yo ever since I got your mixtape I can't stop listening to it" Also I get a lot of respect from my male counterparts which is great , I didnt have to show my ass or degrade my character to establish my voice amongst the overpowering male dominated industry.

EvOn: what inspires you to make ya tracks?

Life as simple as it can be followed by Emotion

EvOn: what's the Gay hip hop scene like in the US?

WACK could be better represented there are not enough images of hot gay acts in my opinion. I think that there is a lot of unchartered talent out here and it needs to be heard seen broadcast all of the above!



tt


EvOn: How Hard is it to make it in this industry as a female Rapper, and is being Gay important to sale your music or should you keep ya sexuality to your selfs?

I don't think its hard at all to make it as a female emcee...I believe the challenge is how do you set yourself apart from what everyone else is doing. I am a gay artist but its not so important to me that I classify my music as "Gay". I deal with real life subject matter that everyone can relate to gay or straight.

EvOn: Are there any other artists from the US/UK or from the gay scene that we should be looking out for right now?

Hmmm idk oh JONTE HE IS FIERCE!!!! oh and KALIP LINZY he is a video artist but he is doing some really interesting things with art, video, and music you should youtube him.

EvOn: If you wasn't making music what do you think you would be doing right now?

ART

EvOn: How important do you think it is for new artist’s to know their history and appreciate the different elements of Hiphop even if they don’t partake in them?

I think its important to be informed on culture in general. Its never a bad idea to be conscious. I encourage that as an artist to take the time and listen to the oldies. Honestly I was more of an r&b chick when it came to my playlist

EvOn: any final words / shoutouts before we finish?

Stay tuned I am cooking up a big meal and look out for my singles "ANYDAY", "OMG" and "KICK PUNCH" also visit www.myspace.com/houseoft to hear the music. peace and keep movin.




MUSIC SITE lINKS:
Downelink
Myspace
Youtube

3 comments:

  1. I love TT the arti$t!!! she rocks! great interview..

    Teairra H

    check out my salon page
    www.myspace.com/thehairlounge84

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out Tt live at

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRgLxtmXqp8&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete

"Ok, So what is it you got to say?"...

K.Swin - Fashion Photographer

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

Get this widget at roytanck.com

iamevon